If you’re a dog lover like me, you’ve probably taken dozens of pictures of your beloved dogs or puppies.
And where are those cute dog pictures now? Are they stashed away in a drawer or shoebox, gathering dust?
Don’t let those adorable pictures of your dogs stay hidden away and be forgotten! There are so many decorative ways that you can display your favorite pictures of your dogs or puppies. Here are five unique ideas to get you started:
1. Display your precious dog pictures as a collage under glass! A coffee table with a glass top is a terrific spot to display your cherished pictures of your dogs or puppies!
Remove the glass and layout the pictures on the tabletop, in whatever theme you like. Think about the location of the table and how guests will approach the table. Place the pictures of the dogs or puppies in varying directions for a unique look! When you’re satisfied with the layout of the pictures, place the glass top back over the photos.
2. Display your best-loved pictures of dogs or puppies using CD cases! You can purchase CD cases at your local office supply store. Be sure to use the standard size cases and not the slim variety. Throw away the plastic insert that’s included in the case. Cut the dog pictures to the size of the CD case. Attach a piece of cardboard to the back of each photo. Place the dog photo inside the case and snap it securely shut. Now attach the CD case to the wall with a strip of Velcro. Arrange the cases in a 4 x 4 square pattern or place diagonally at different angles. What’s neat about this type of display is that you can easily change the pictures of the dogs and puppies inside the case as often as you like!
3. Display several of your favorite pictures of dogs or puppies in a shadow box! A shadow box is a great way to display larger dog-related items that won’t fit in a standard frame. Arrange the cute pictures of your puppies or dogs inside the shadow box, then add some of your favorite dog mementos such as his first ID tag, collar, or lock of hair. You could even add one of his favorite dog biscuits or treats. Be creative and display whatever treasured dog items would add the most meaning to the shadow box!
4. Display your favorite pictures of dogs or puppies on a velvet, satin or grosgrain ribbon! Cut a length of ribbon – the size of the ribbon will depend upon the number of photos that you choose to display. Arrange your favorite dog pictures on the ribbon. Attach the pictures of your dogs or puppies with one of those self-adhesive Velcro circles or squares. Now fill in the open spaces of the ribbon with colorful beads, sparkly glitter or some unusual buttons. Then, add a pretty bow at the top of the ribbon for a finishing touch!
5. Display your most cherished dog picture in a mirror frame! Take a piece of mirrored glass and cut it to fit a frame of your choice. You can find mirrored glass at most stores that sell window glass. Now, take a single-edge razor blade and scrape away the mirror’s black backing to create a ‘window’ of clear glass for the picture of your dog to show through. The ‘window’ can be large or small, oval, heart-shaped, smooth or rough around the edges. Tape the picture of your dog or puppy to the back of the glass and place it in the frame.
These are just a few creative ways to display and share your favorite pictures of dogs or puppies. Don’t limit yourself to the methods listed above. With a little thought and ingenuity, you’ll be able to think of some more exciting and distinctive ways to show off those wonderful pictures of your dogs or puppies!
Author: Caroline Kent